Friday, March 07, 2008

Back home

What a great feeling to be back again.
Driving along the Bayan Baru elevated highway.

The first thing I opened my post box was to see this post card by Rocket inviting me to the poll centre.
Mr KarpalS (Star).
My post box was also full of other election junk, among them this little booklet about Pg progress report.

Take a look at some interesting facts:
Anyway, some of the very familiar words I hear when I am back here is this word "Hau Siau". This is a rather 'rough' word (some consider it vulgar) we use here to denote something inferior, unhealthy or bad. Another similar word is 'Auta'.

Here was some interesting quotes I read in the paper today:

"Barisan Nasional is hau siau (lying)"
"Chandra a celaka (condemned person)"

Penangites are so full of "rojak" words that are so distinct.

Other notable vulgar words are "Tulan" (pig's dick) = very annoyed, "Kap Siau" = talk nonsense.

So, DAP supporters are very Tulan with BN because they Kap Siau a lot.

No comments: